Sunday, January 10, 2010

Knitters Are Nice

So, I don't think I mentioned that I am a part of the Harry Potter Knits and Crochets House Cup on Ravelry...or did I? Anyway, I am a first year Hufflepuff! I have only turned in one assignment for this month for this term. I turned in my Luna Lovegood Gryffindor Lion Hat for Charms. The assignment was to make something funny or ticklish. Well, who wouldn't laugh seeing someone wear this lion hat? And I'm pretty sure when you give someone wearing a hug while wearing this hat, the mane will tickle the other person's nose.



Anyway, to get to my post title, Knitters are nice. Not only on Ravelry, but in real life, too! Today the husband and I went to the movie theater, but had to go an hour early to get good seats even though we already had our tickets days before. So, I took my knitting. I happened to sit next to a lady who is also a knitter! She didnt have her knitting with her, but we talked knitting and soon became friends! She also works in an elementary school. I gave her my card so that we could keep in touch. I hope that we keep in contact, she was so nice!



I don't think of myself as outgoing. I tend to be shy- it took me a long time in our conversation to even tell her I sell myself online and give her my card! Knitting has helped me to be more social- what can seem like a very solitary thing, is actually very social. I go to knitting nights not only to knit, but mostly to socialize and talk about knitting AND everything else with others! I used to go to Yarn Yoga at a local craft store, but it stopped about a year ago. I haven't been to another group and I really miss it. So, one of my goals (resolutions) is to find another knitting group where I belong and feel a part of. I think I'm going to try my LYS this week. I'll let you know if I make it =)

No comments: